Best Morocco: From Marrakech to Tangier 9 days
Rating: Not rated yet.
Visit Marrakech, Ouarzazate & Merzouga (The Desert), Fez, Meknes, Rabat, Tetouan & Chaouen!
When: Every Saturday
Duration: 9 days / 8 nights
Meeting Point: Marrakech
No free cancelation allowed. Read more.
Mobile voucher accepted: If needed, just show the confirmation email on your phone.
No reviews yet.
|28 Dec||29 Dec||30 Dec||31 Dec||1||2||3|
- Hotel Almas 3 stars (Marrakech).
- Hotel Oscar 3 stars (Ouarzazate)
- Hotel Kasbah Azalay 4 stars (Merzouga) or Desert Tent fully equipped (without showers).
- Hotel Menzeh Zalagh 4 stars (Fez).
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn 4 stars Sup (Tangier).
- Transfer Airport in Marrakech (on arrival) & Transfer Airport in Tangier (at the end of the tour).
- Transportation in Morocco.
- Accommodation (Half Board).
- Guided tours in Morocco.
- Ticket entrance to monuments.
- Travel insurance.
What's NOT included?
- Other not described.
Enjoy this organised trip from Marrakech to Tangier visiting the best cities on the way (The Desert, Fez, Meknes, Rabat, Tetouan, Chaouen and Tangier), definitely the best of Morocco! During this tour, you will join a group with accommodation, transportation and guided tours included for an excellent price! Here, you can find the itinerary of the trip:
Day 1: Saturday - Arrival in Marrakech
Flexible Time: Arrival in Marrakech and transfer to the hotel. Dinner and rest.
Day 2: Sunday - Full day in Marrakech
08.00 After breakfast, join a Guided tour in Marrakech and Free Time during the afternoon to enjoy the city on your own. Dinner at the hotel and overnight.
Day 3: Monday - From Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddouu to Ouarzazate (200 km)
08.00 Breakfast and departure from Marrakesh heading south to the great desert. Cross the High Atlas mountains through the Tizi n´Tichka that connects Marrakesh with the pre-Saharan oases. Continue onto Ait Ben Haddou, considered the most beautiful fortress in the country and a Unesco World Heritage Site, where famous films as Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia, Jesus de Nazareth or the Jewel of the Nile among others were filmed. Optional lunch and arrival to Ouarzazate. Rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 4: Tuesday- From Ouarzazate - Boumalne de Dades - Tinghir (Todra) - Merzouga (The Desert) (370 km)
08.00 Breakfast and departure towards the gorges, from the aridest and rocky overflows fertility and greenery between the oases. The route runs through valleys such as Kelaa M'Gouna famous for its roses and daggers; And the Boumalne du Dades, magnificent for walkers. Arrival to Tinghir, see the Gorges of Todra and its impressive canon of 300 meters of height. Optional lunch en route ) and continue to Arfoud, land of fossils and juicy dates. On the way to the dunes of Merzouga, we passed by Rissani, an important enclave long time ago, where the caravans of the desert reigned. Arrival in Merzouga and the Sahara, where the road fades and the dunes mark the horizon. Free time, sunset with mint tea, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
*For the most adventurous, it is possible to have the accommodation in desert tents fully equipped & 45 minutes Camel Riding to access to the tents, instead of the hotel.You can shower before the camel ride to the Haimas. The next day, breakfast will take place at the Haimas for this option.
Day 5: Wednesday- From Merzouga - Ifrane to Fez (460 km)
08.00 After Breakfast, cross the Middle Atlas and a new change of landscape along the way. Left the south to get in the North. Stop in Ifrane, little Switzerland.Optional lunch in route and continue to Fez. Rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 6: Thursday - Full day in Fez
08.00 Guided Tour in Fez, the intellectual and religious capital of the country. You will visit during the morning the most important highlights: The exterior of the Royal Palace and its 7 gates, the Dar El Makhzen (former residence of the Sultan), the Bab Bojloud gate, the Medina (old town), mosques like The Karaouine Mosque, fountains like the one located at Es- Seffarin square, the tanners, the Souk and more. Return to the hotel for Lunch (included) and Free time during the afternoon in Fez. At night, possible dinner-show in a typical restaurant. Rest at the hotel.
Day 7: Friday - From Fez - Meknes - Rabat to Tangier (399 km)
08.00 After breakfast, departure to Tangier, making the first stop on the way at Meknes, the old berber capital, where you will enjoy a panoramic sightseeing of the city. There, you will discover the gate of 40km fortress, Bab Al Mansour and there will be time for lunch (optional). Right after, arrival to Rabat, the capital city of Morocco. Guided visit to the most important highlights: The exteriors of the Royal Palace, the Tour Hassan, The Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the Oudayas Kasbah (fortress). Arrival to Tangier, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 8: Saturday - From Tangier - Tetouan - Chaouen to Tangier (240 km)
08.00 After breakfast, departure to Tetouan during the morning where you will enjoy a guided tour through La Plaza Moullay El Mehdi (also known as Plaza Primo de Rivera) and the Spanish Ensanche to Plaza Hassan II, where the Royal Palace is located. Continue through the Luneta and Jewish neighbourhood, the medina and the Bab Okla or Puerta de la Reina where you will have free time for optional lunch. Later, trip to Chaouen and Free Time in Chaouen during the afternoon to discover the village on your own. Later, transportation to Tangier. Dinner and rest.
Day 9: Sunday - Tangier. End of the trip.
08.00 Breakfast and transfer to the airport.
A little bit more...
- Important Info: During March, April, May, September, October, Christmas and New Year´s Eve there is an extra payment of 85€ per person (105€ for the upgrade option).
- If you would like to upgrade the hotels, you can pay plus 97€ per adult: Hotel Atlas ASNI 4 stars (Marrakech), Hotel Riad Kasbah Dar Chamaa (Ouarzazate), Hotel Xaluca Kasbah Tombouctou 4 stars Sup (Merzouga), Hotel Zalagh Parc Palace 5 stars (Fez), Hotel Hilton City Center & Residences 5 stars (Tánger).
- Please, consider prices per person in double room.
- For single room there is a 196€ extra fee (257€ for the upgrade option).
- At the end of the tour, On Sunday, it is possible to include transportation to Malaga for 100€ per person (transfer hotel to the Tangier port + ferry + transport by bus from Algeciras to Malaga).
- In this tour there is not option to upgrade the hotels.
- Multilingual Tour: English & Spanish
- Please, consider to bring 1 small personal bag and one 23kg Bag (Suitcase) per person, maximum. CANCELLATION POLICY:
- In case of cancellation more than 15 days before departure, there is a fee of 20 euros per person for administration costs.
- If you cancel the trip during the 15 to 10 days before the starting time of the trip, 10% of your total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel the trip during the 10 to 3 days before the starting time of the trip, 25% of your total amount will be charged.
- There is no refund if you cancel the trip during the last 48 hours before the starting time of the trip.