3 days in Morocco: Overnights in Chaouen & Tangier
4.8 (17 reviews)
Visit Asilah, Tetouan, Chaouen & Tangier from Malaga, like the novel The Time in Between!
When: Alternate Fridays
Duration: 3 days/2 nights
Meeting Point: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio at 06.30am Open Google Maps.
No free cancelation allowed. Read more.
Mobile voucher accepted: If needed, just show the confirmation email on your phone.
"Sin lugar a dudas, este viaje ha supuesto una gran experiencia de crecimiento personal donde poner en práctica y reforzar, todavía más, valores tan básicos..."
|28||29||30||1 Oct||2 Oct||3 Oct||4 Oct|
- Hotel Continental 3 stars (Tangier) or Hotel Chellah 3 stars. Subject to availability.
- Hotel Riad Dar Mounir (similar to 3 stars) (Chefchaouen).
- Transportation from Malaga to Algeciras Port by bus (multiple pick up stops).
- Transportation in Morocco.
- Fast Ferry (Strait of Gibraltar Algeciras - Tánger Med).
- 2 nights Accommodation (Half Board included).
- Guided tours in Tánger and Tetouan.
- Free Time in Chefchaouen and Assilah.
- Travel insurance.
What's NOT included?
- Other not described.
- Lunch and drinks.
Full DescriptionEnjoy this 3 days trip to Morocco from Malaga in a group including accommodation, transportation and guided tours for an excellent price! This trip departs alternate Friday. Here, you can find the full itinerary for the trip:
Day 1: Friday - From Malaga to Tangier
Costa del Sol - Algeciras - Tangier - Asilah - Tangier (280 km)
06:30 Departure from Costa del Sol to Algeciras, where you will take the Ferry to Tangier, crossing the Strait of Gibraltar. On arrival to Morocco, you will meet the local tour guide in Tangier and panoramic sightseeing of the residential areas, palaces and old colonial neighbourhoods. Visit the Kasbah, the medina and its souks. Lunch in a typical restaurant (included). Then, trip to Asilah and free time on the white medina. Sunset from the viewpoint Kri-kia. Return to Tangier, rooms distribution, dinner at the hotel and rest.
Day 2: Saturday - From Tangier to Chaouen
Tangier - Tetouan - Chaouen (130 km)
08.00 After breakfast, departure to Tetouan, where you will enjoy a guided tour through La Plaza Moullay El Mehdi (also know as Plaza Primo de Rivera) and the Spanish Ensanche to Plaza Hassan II, where the Royal Palace is located. Continue through the Luneta and Jewish neighbourhood, the medina and the Bab Okla or Puerta de la Reina. Time for Lunch (not included) Departure for the trip to Chaouen. Rooms distribution, dinner at the hotel and rest.
Day 3: Sunday - From Chaouen to Spain.
Chaouen - Tanger - Algeciras - Costa del Sol (310 km)
08.00 Breakfast and free time to finish the shopping during the morning in Chaouen. After lunch (optional) departure to our initial destination, trip to Spain. Transfer back to the point of origin. Ferry from Tangier to Tarifa during the evening. End of our services.
21.00 Estimated arrival time to the same pick up point in Malaga.
Note: The activities will be taken up in reverse order on the following departure dates: 31st October 2020. The tour is the same and you will visit the same places described but the overnight the fist Friday will be in Chaouen and the overnight on Saturday will be in Tangier .
A little bit more...
- Do you need a hotel in Malaga nearby the pickup point for this tour? Click on Malaga Hotels & Accommodation
- Please, consider prices per person in double room.
- Multilingual Tour: English & Spanish
- Please, consider to bring 1 small personal bag and one 23kg Bag (Suitcase) per person, maximum.
- Important Info High Season: July, August & September there is an extra payment of 10€ per person.
Upgrade Hotels Price:
If you would like upgrade the hotels, you can pay plus 7€ per adult and the hotels included are:
- Hotel Kenzi Solazur 4 stars (Tangier)
- Riad Casa Hassan. (Similar to 4 stars, Chefchaouen).
For the Upgrade in High Season: July, August & September there is an aditional fee 14€ per person.
Solo Travellers Price:
- For single room there is a 35€ extra fee (39€ for the upgrade option).
Multiple Pick-up Points from Malaga & Costa del Sol:
- 06.30am - Malaga: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio.
- 06.40am - Malaga: Hotel Tryp Alameda - Malaga City Centre.
- 07.00am - Torremolinos: Hotel Melia
- 07.30am - Benalmadena: Plaza Solymar
- 07.40am - Fuengirola: Hotel Occidental by Barcelo Fuengirola (old Hotel Las Piramides Fuengirola)
- 08.00am - Marbella: Hotel San Cristobal / Hotel NH Marbella
- 10.30am - Algeciras: Puerto de Algeciras
- In case of cancellation more than 15 days before departure, there is a fee of 20 euros per person for administration costs.
- If you cancel the trip during the 15 to 10 days before the starting time of the trip, 10% of your total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel the trip during the 10 to 3 days before the starting time of the trip, 25% of your total amount will be charged.
- There is no refund if you cancel the trip during the last 48 hours before the starting time of the trip.
"Sin lugar a dudas, este viaje ha supuesto una gran experiencia de crecimiento personal donde poner en práctica y reforzar, todavía más, valores tan básicos como la empatía y la solidaridad. Destacar, sobre todo, la gran labor realizada por Noemí, Belén, Simon, Paco, Eugenio y la persona responsable de nuestros desplazamientos durante la estancia en Marruecos, pues en todo momento se mostraron muy amables y atentas/os con todas las personas que componíamos el grupo. Gracias por habernos hecho pasar tres días tan intensos a la par que maravillosos. Besos y abrazos desde Galicia"
"Un viaje espectacular!!! Muy recomendado por todo mi grupo familiar."
"Morocco is a beautiful country and definitely worth seeing, that being said I think there are a few things wrong with the trip. First, what should have been a 1.5 hour drive from Malaga to the port took 4 hours due to several huge detours. We also arrived at the ferry terminal 2 hours early for both sailings - too much time which could have been spent in Morocco. We also weren\'t given enough breaks to have the chance to eat. We waited 8-10 hours between meals, which is an extremely long time! That being said, the local guides and staff in Morocco were very knowledgeable and friendly. The local staff in Morocco went out of their way to help us and make our stay as pleasant as possible. We were given a free walking tour in Chefchaouen to make up for some issues we had (being dropped off with no guide and no idea how to get to our accomodation).overall it was a good tour, but too much time spent waiting around. "
Answer from Malaga Trips: "Dear Megan, thank you for your opinion but there are a few things we would like to clarify as well:
1. You invented this about 1.5h from Malaga to the port. This is impossible considering there are multiple pick up points from Malaga to Algeciras and the bus speed is slower than a car.
2. At least, you need to be 1h before the ferry departure at the port. This tour considers 1h more because sometimes there is a traffic jam or other problems, so it is better to arrive with time for a coffee or toilet stop than missing the ferry. The 30 years experience of this tour endorses it.
3. This tour provides several stops for toilets and breaks.
4. Chefchaouen is a very small medina and sometimes not accessible for vehicles. The transport driver was carrying the luggage while you just need to walk a street.
5. You don't mention that you had an upgrade category at the hotels without extra charge.
6. Sorry if you didn't like the tour but travelling with a group need to spend timings thinking on the whole group satisfaction. We suggest you to arrange a private tour next time but the price is considerably higher."
"This was a great 3 day, 2 night trip in Morocco and I highly recommend it. We first met early in the morning in the center of Málaga where Marc Anthony explained to us the schedule for the day. We were taken by our driver to Algeciras and met by Fany, who took us onto the ferry. She was very efficient in getting our tickets, getting us through security, helping us fill out customs/travel information, and making sure we didn\'t have to wait in any lines. We took the ferry from Algeciras to Tangier where Fany introduced us to our driver, Mohammed, who would be taking care of us for the remainder of the trip. Throughout the entire trip Mohammad was a great driver and was always very punctual and safe. Lunch was not included this day, but Mohammad offered to stop somewhere for us to eat lunch. From Tangier we drove to Tetuán where we started a tour of the city with a local guide. The tour lasted about 2 hours and included a history of the city, walk through the market (medina), and a chance to buy oils/spices/etc. from someone affiliated with the tour. After the tour we drove to Chefchaouen where we were provided with dinner and a stay in a beautiful riad. I really enjoyed the room and the food provided. On day 2, we were provided a hearty breakfast in the riad, and were given free time to explore Chefchaouen until the early afternoon. I appreciated the freedom to explore, as Chefchaouen is a beautiful, small city and it\'s almost impossible to get lost. In the afternoon we were met by Mohammad who drove us to the next city, Assilah. We spent about an hour in Assilah, just enough time to eat lunch (not included). Personally, I don\'t think it was necessary to stop in this city. There wasn\'t much to do besides eat or buy souvenirs. After our hour in Assilah, we drove back to Tangier and were checked in at the Hilton Garden Inn. Dinner and breakfast were included at the hotel and I was very happy with the quality of the hotel and the quality of food. We arrived to Tangier early evening, which allowed time to walk along the beach coast or walk around the city. The next morning we were met by our tour guide Mohammad Simon. He was an amazing tour guide! I have heard many people say that they don\'t like Tangier, but if they had Mohammad Simon as their tour guide, I\'m sure they would fall in love with the city! He showed us traditional and new parts of the city, and even took us outside of the city center to the King\'s palace, Hercule\'s caves, a beautiful park, and to traditional Tangier neighborhoods. Mohammad (driver) and Mohammad Simon (tour guide) were a great duo and this ended up being my favorite part of the trip. In the afternoon, Mohammad Simon took us to a restaurant for lunch. This lunch was included, however the musicians and waiters were very eager to accept tips. Another note worth mentioning is that every time we had a meal included, drinks were not included. So be prepared to pay for your drinks regardless of if the meal is included. After lunch we said goodbye to Mohammad Simon and were driven back to the ferry by Mohammad who made sure we got our tickets and had everything settled before he said his goodbyes to us. We took the ferry back to Algeciras where we were met by our driver, Javi, who took us back to Málaga. Overall I was extremely satisfied with the quality of service that this trip had to offer. It\'s a great option for those who want to see Morocco but don\'t want to spend so many days. I loved this trip and I highly recommend it! "
"Excellent trip. Cities were amazing, hotels and food very nice, our tour guide was very attentive and charismatic person. I\'m big fan of Morocco now. Thank you."
Payments Information & Security:
- No credit card fees! We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal.
- Payments are requested in a Secure Server Layer URL provided by BBVA Bank or PayPal, according to your preferred option.
- Malaga Trips will never have access to your credit card digits: we'll be only notified if the payment is accepted or not.