The Great Desert Tour from Malaga 9 days
4.5 (2 reviews)
Visit Casablanca, Marrakech, Fez, Ouarzazate, Merzouga, Meknes, Rabat & more in 9 days from Malaga on this guided trip!
From 865€ per adult.
Where & When
Meeting Point: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio at 06.30am Open location with Google Maps.
When : Every Friday
Duration: 8 nights/ 9 days.
- Hotel Kenzi Basma 4 stars (Casablanca).
- Hotel Almas 3 stars (Marrakech).
- Hotel Oscar 3 stars (Ouarzazate)
- Hotel Kasbah Azalay 4 stars (Merzouga) or Desert Tent fully equipped (without showers).
- Hotel Menzeh Zalagh 4 stars (Fez).
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn 4 stars Sup (Tangier).
- Transportation from Malaga (multiple pick up stops).
- Transportation in Morocco.
- Fast Ferry (Strait of Gibraltar).
- Accommodation (including breakfast and dinner).
- Guided tours in Morocco.
- Ticket entrance to monuments.
- Travel insurance.
- Half Board (usually breakfast and dinner)
Enjoy this organised trip to Morocco from Malaga in a group with accommodation, transportation and guided tours included for an excellent price! Here, you can find the itinerary of the trip:
Day 1: Friday - From Malaga to Casablanca
Costa del Sol - Tarifa - Tánger - Casablanca (529 km)
06:30 Departure from Costa del Sol to Tarifa, where we will take de Ferry to cross the sea toward Tangier. On arrival in Morocco, meeting with the local tour guide and trip to Casablanca. Stop to have lunch (optional). During the evening, arrival in Casablanca, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 2: Saturday - From Casablanca to Marrakech (240 km)
08.00 Breakfast and panoramic sightseeing of Casablanca, main economic city and the most populated in the country. We will go around boulevard Anfa, the Nations Square, the surrounded areas and the exterior of the Mosque Hassan II. We will continue the trip to Marrakech. Later, guided visit in Marrakech, including Koutoubia, (Similar Mosque to the Giralda in Seville). We will see some tombs saadianas and the sumptuous Bahia Palace. Walk through the Medina, souks and the magic square Djmaa El Fná. Return to the hotel for Lunch included and Free Time in Marrakech during the afternoon. Optional dinner-show Chez Ali, La Fantasia and rest.
Day 3: Sunday - Full day in Marrakech
08.00 After breakfast, enjoy a day on your own to move around in Marrakech, to explore the city or relax. Dinner at the hotel and overnight.
Day 4: Monday - From Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddouu to Ouarzazate (200 km)
08.00 Breakfast and departure from Marrakesh heading south to the great desert. Cross the High Atlas mountains through the Tizi n´Tichka that connects Marrakesh with the pre-Saharan oases. Continue onto Ait Ben Haddou, considered the most beautiful fortress in the country and a Unesco World Heritage Site, where famous films as Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia, Jesus de Nazareth or the Jewel of the Nile among others were filmed. Optional lunch and arrival to Ouarzazate. Rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 5: Tuesday- From Ouarzazate - Boumalne de Dades - Tinghir (Todra) - Merzouga (370 km)
08.00 Breakfast and departure towards the gorges, from the aridest and rocky overflows fertility and greenery between the oases. The route runs through valleys such as Kelaa M'Gouna famous for its roses and daggers; And the Boumalne du Dades, magnificent for walkers. Arrival to Tinghir, see the Gorges of Todra and its impressive canon of 300 meters of height. Optional lunch en route ) and continue to Arfoud, land of fossils and juicy dates. On the way to the dunes of Merzouga, we passed by Rissani, an important enclave long time ago, where the caravans of the desert reigned. Arrival in Merzouga and the Sahara, where the road fades and the dunes mark the horizon. Free time, sunset with mint tea, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
*For the most adventurous, it is possible to have the accommodation in desert tents fully equipped & 45 minutes Camel Riding to access to the tents, instead of the hotel. The next day, you will have breakfast at the hotel and time for a shower.
Day 6: Wednesday- From Merzouga - Ifrane to Fez (460 km)
08.00 After Breakfast, cross the Middle Atlas and a new change of landscape along the way. Left the south to get in the North. Stop in Ifrane, little Switzerland.Optional lunch in route and continue to Fez. Rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 7: Thursday - Full day in Fez
08.00 Guided Tour in Fez, the intellectual and religious capital of the country. You will visit during the morning the most important highlights: The exterior of the Royal Palace and its 7 gates, the Dar El Makhzen (former residence of the Sultan), the Bab Bojloud gate, the Medina (old town), mosques like The Karaouine Mosque, fountains like the one located at Es- Seffarin square, the tanners, the Souk and more. Return to the hotel for Lunch (included) and Free time during the afternoon in Fez. At night, possible dinner-show in a typical restaurant. Rest at the hotel.
Day 8: Friday - From Fez - Meknes - Rabat to Tangier (399 km)
08.00 After breakfast, departure to Tangier, making the first stop on the way at Meknes, the old berber capital, where you will enjoy a panoramic sightseeing of the city. There, you will discover the gate of 40km fortress, Bab Al Mansour and there will be time for lunch (optional). Right after, arrival to Rabat, the capital city of Morocco. Guided visit to the most important highlights: The exteriors of the Royal Palace, the Tour Hassan, The Mausoleum of Mohammed V and the Oudayas Kasbah (fortress). Arrival to Tangier, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 9: Saturday - From Tangier - Tarifa to Costa del Sol (198 km)
08.00 Breakfast and departure from the hotel to our initial destination, trip to Spain. Transfer back to the point of origin. End of our services.
15.00 Estimated arrival time to the same pick up point in Malaga.
What's NOT included?
- Other not described.
- Lunch and drinks.
A little bit more...
- Do you need a hotel in Malaga nearby the pickup point for this tour? Click on Malaga Hotels & Accommodation
- Please, consider prices per person in double room.
- Multilingual Tour: English & Spanish
- Please, consider to bring 1 small personal bag and one 23kg Bag (Suitcase) per person, maximum.
- Important Info: During March, April, May, October, Christmas and New Year´s Eve there is an extra payment of 65€ per person.
Upgrade Hotels Price:
If you would like upgrade the hotels, you can pay plus 57€ per adult and the hotels included are:
- Hotel Golden Tulip Farah 5 stars (Casablanca).
- Hotel Atlas ASNI 4 stars (Marrakech).
- Hotel Riad Kasbah Dar Chamaa (Ouarzazate).
- Hotel Xaluca Kasbah Tombouctou 4 stars Sup (Merzouga).
- Hotel Zalagh Parc Palace 5 stars (Fez).
- Hotel Hilton City Center & Residences 5 stars (Tánger).
For the Upgrade in High Season: During March, April, May, October, Christmas and New Year´s Eve there is an aditional fee 75€ per person.
Solo Travellers Price:
- For single room there is a 196€ extra fee (257€ for the upgrade option).
Optional Dinner- Show Prices:
- The price for the optional Fantasia Dinner Show in Marrakech (Chez Ali) is 60€ per person.
- The price for the optional Dinner Show in Fez (Al Fassia Restaurant) is 50€ per person.
Multiple Pick-up Points from Malaga & Costa del Sol:
- 06.30am - Malaga: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio.
- 06.40am - Malaga: Hotel Tryp Alameda - Malaga City Centre.
- 07.00am - Torremolinos: Hotel Melia
- 07.30am - Benalmadena: Plaza Solymar
- 07.40am - Fuengirola: Hotel Occidental by Barcelo Fuengirola (old Hotel Las Piramides Fuengirola)
- 08.00am - Marbella: Hotel San Cristobal / Hotel NH Marbella
- 10.30am - Tarifa: Puerto de Tarifa
- In case of cancellation more than 15 days before departure, there is a fee of 20 euros per person for administration costs.
- If you cancel the trip during the 15 to 10 days before the starting time of the trip, 10% of your total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel the trip during the 10 to 3 days before the starting time of the trip, 25% of your total amount will be charged.
- There is no refund if you cancel the trip during the last 48 hours before the starting time of the trip.
"It was great! Hermosa experiencia. Recomendable. Todo perfecto. Muy agradecida. "
Payments Information & Security:
- No credit card fees! We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal.
- Payments are requested in a Secure Server Layer URL provided by BBVA Bank or PayPal, according to your preferred option.
- Malaga Trips will never have access to your credit card digits: we'll be only notified if the payment is accepted or not.