The Great Desert Tour from Malaga 9 days
4.8 (4 reviews)
Visit Casablanca, Marrakech, Fez, Ouarzazate, Merzouga, Meknes, Rabat & more in 9 days from Malaga on this guided trip!
When: Every Friday
Duration: 8 nights/ 9 days.
Meeting Point: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio at 06.30am Open Google Maps.
No free cancelation allowed. Read more.
Mobile voucher accepted: If needed, just show the confirmation email on your phone.
"Hola Rocio cómo estás? Antes que nada te agradezco porque fuiste una ayuda muy grande para nosotras, al elegirlos para hacer este viaje. No tengo nada que..."
|28 Dec||29 Dec||30 Dec||31 Dec||1||2||3|
- Hotel Kenzi Basma 4 stars (Casablanca).
- Hotel Almas 3 stars (Marrakech).
- Hotel Oscar 3 stars (Ouarzazate)
- Hotel Kasbah Azalay 4 stars (Merzouga) or Desert Tent fully equipped (without showers).
- Hotel Menzeh Zalagh 4 stars (Fez).
- Hotel Hilton Garden Inn 4 stars Sup (Tangier).
- Transportation from Malaga (multiple pick up stops).
- Transportation in Morocco.
- Fast Ferry (Strait of Gibraltar).
- Accommodation (including breakfast and dinner).
- Guided tours in Morocco.
- Ticket entrance to monuments.
- Travel insurance.
- Half Board (usually breakfast and dinner)
What's NOT included?
- Other not described.
- Lunch and drinks.
Enjoy this organised trip to Morocco from Malaga in a group with accommodation, transportation and guided tours included for an excellent price! Here, you can find the itinerary of the trip:
Day 1: Friday - From Malaga to Casablanca
Costa del Sol - Algeciras - Tánger - Casablanca (530 km)
06:30 Departure from Málaga and Costa del Sol to Algeciras Port (3h duration approx), where we will take de Ferry to cross the sea toward Tangier (1h duration approx). On arrival in Morocco, meeting with the local tour guide and trip to Casablanca. Stop to have lunch (optional and not included in the price). During the evening, arrival in Casablanca, check-in at the hotel, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 2: Saturday - From Casablanca to Marrakech (240 km)
08.00 Breakfast and panoramic sightseeing of Casablanca, main economic city and the most populated in the country. We will go around boulevard Anfa, the Nations Square, the surrounded areas and the exterior of the Mosque Hassan II (interior visit optional, not included in the price). We will continue to Marrakech. Arrival and lunch (included) and Guided Tour in Marrakech during the afternoon, where you will see the exterior of the Koutoubia, (Similar Mosque to the Giralda in Seville), the tombs saadianas and the sumptuous Bahia Palace. Walkthrough the Medina, souks and the magic square Djmaa El Fná. Return to the hotel, optional dinner-show Chez Ali, La Fantasia and rest.
Day 3: Sunday - Full day in Marrakech
08.00 After breakfast, enjoy a day on your own to move around in Marrakech, to explore the city or relax. Dinner at the hotel and overnight.
Day 4: Monday - From Marrakech - Ait Ben Haddouu to Ouarzazate (200 km)
08.00 Breakfast and departure from Marrakesh heading south to the great desert. Cross the High Atlas mountains through the Tizi n´Tichka that connects Marrakesh with the pre-Saharan oases. There will be a stop at the interior of the fortress Ait Ben Haddou, considered the most beautiful fortress in the country and a Unesco World Heritage Site, where famous films as Gladiator, Lawrence of Arabia, Jesus de Nazareth or the Jewel of the Nile among others were filmed. Optional lunch on the way (not included in the price) and arrival to Ouarzazate during the evening. Check-in at the hotel, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 5: Tuesday- From Ouarzazate - Boumalne de Dades - Tinghir (Todra) - Merzouga (Sahara & Jaima desert night) (370 km)
08.00h After breakfast, departure to the interior of the Morocco desert, from the aridest and rocky overflows fertility and greenery between the oases Arrival to Tinghir to see the Gorges of Todra and its impressive canon of 300 meters of height. . Lunch on the route (optional and not included in the price) and the trip continues to the Sahara. On arrival to Merzouga, 45 minutes Camel Riding to access to the tents (Jaimas). sunset with mint tea, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
*For those who prefer hotel accommodation instead Jaima, it is offered Hotel Kasbah Azalay (Standar Category) or Hotel Xaluca Kasbah Tombouctou (Superior Category) for the same price, but it is not offered camel ride for this option.<
Day 6: Wednesday- From Merzouga - Ifrane to Fez (460 km)
08.00h After Breakfast, camel ride back from the Jaimas (it is offered as well optional 4x4 ride through the dunes not included in the price for those who don´t want to repeat the camel riding experience) and continue the trip to Fez crossing the Middle Atlas. Stop on route in Ifrane also known as little Switzerland and optional lunch (not included in the price). Arrival to your hotel in Fez during the evening. Check-in at the hotel, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 7: Thursday - Full day in Fez
08.00h After breakfast, Guided Tour in Fez during the morning. You will see: The exterior of the Royal Palace and its 7 gates, the Dar El Makhzen (former residence of the Sultan), the Bab Bojloud gate, the Medina (old town), exterior of the mosque The Karaouine Mosque, fountains like the one located at Es- Seffarin square, the tanners, the Souk and the most ancient University. Return to the hotel for Lunch and Free time during the afternoon in Fez At night, optional dinner-show in a typical restaurant Al Fassia. Rest at the hotel.
Day 8: Friday - From Fez - Meknes - Rabat to Tangier (399 km)
08.00 After breakfast, departure to Tangier, making the first stop on the way for a Sightseeing of Meknes, where you will discover among the 40km fortress, the gate Bab Al Mansour. The trip continues with an optional lunch on route (not included in the price) to Rabat, where you will visit the exteriors of the Royal Palace, the Tour Hassan and The Mausoleum of Mohammed V. Later, during the evening, arrival to Tangier, check-in at the hotel, rooms distribution. Dinner and rest.
Day 9: Saturday - From Tangier - Algeciras to Costa del Sol (198 km)
08.00 Breakfast and departure from the hotel to our initial destination, trip to Spain. Transfer back to the point of origin. End of our services.
16.00 Estimated arrival time to the same pick up point in Malaga.
A little bit more...
- Do you need a hotel in Malaga nearby the pickup point for this tour? Click on Malaga Hotels & Accommodation
- Please, consider prices per person in double room.
- Multilingual Tour: English & Spanish
- Please, consider to bring 1 small personal bag and one 23kg Bag (Suitcase) per person, maximum.
- Important Info: During March, April, May, October, Christmas and New Year´s Eve there is an extra payment of 65€ per person.
Upgrade Hotels Price:
If you would like upgrade the hotels, you can pay plus 57€ per adult and the hotels included are:
- Hotel Golden Tulip Farah 5 stars (Casablanca).
- Hotel Atlas ASNI 4 stars (Marrakech).
- Hotel Riad Kasbah Dar Chamaa (Ouarzazate).
- Hotel Xaluca Kasbah Tombouctou 4 stars Sup (Merzouga).
- Hotel Zalagh Parc Palace 5 stars (Fez).
- Hotel Hilton City Center & Residences 5 stars (Tánger).
For the Upgrade in High Season: During March, April, May, October, Christmas and New Year´s Eve there is an aditional fee 75€ per person.
Solo Travellers Price:
- For single room there is a 196€ extra fee (257€ for the upgrade option).
Optional Dinner- Show Prices:
- The price for the optional Fantasia Dinner Show in Marrakech (Chez Ali) is 60€ per person.
- The price for the optional Dinner Show in Fez (Al Fassia Restaurant) is 50€ per person.
Multiple Pick-up Points from Malaga & Costa del Sol:
- 06.30am - Malaga: Hotel AC Malaga Palacio.
- 06.40am - Malaga: Hotel Tryp Alameda - Malaga City Centre.
- 07.00am - Torremolinos: Hotel Melia
- 07.30am - Benalmadena: Plaza Solymar
- 07.40am - Fuengirola: Hotel Occidental by Barcelo Fuengirola (old Hotel Las Piramides Fuengirola)
- 08.00am - Marbella: Hotel San Cristobal / Hotel NH Marbella
- 10.30am - Algeciras: Puerto de Algeciras
- In case of cancellation more than 15 days before departure, there is a fee of 20 euros per person for administration costs.
- If you cancel the trip during the 15 to 10 days before the starting time of the trip, 10% of your total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel the trip during the 10 to 3 days before the starting time of the trip, 25% of your total amount will be charged.
- There is no refund if you cancel the trip during the last 48 hours before the starting time of the trip.
"Hola Rocio cómo estás? Antes que nada te agradezco porque fuiste una ayuda muy grande para nosotras, al elegirlos para hacer este viaje. No tengo nada que objetar ya que todo lo programado fue cumplido al pie de la letra!"
"My trip was amazing and I thank you for all the hard work and attention to detail putting together a trip such as this. As far as the upgrade, I feel I would have been just as happy with the standard hotels. Many days we arrived so late to the hotel that I barely had the energy to eat before I went to bed, so I didn\'t get to enjoy the amenities that came along with the upgrade. If arrival to the hotel was around 5 that would be different. But one of our group stayed in the 4 star hotels and was very pleased. "
"It was great! Hermosa experiencia. Recomendable. Todo perfecto. Muy agradecida. "
Payments Information & Security:
- No credit card fees! We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal.
- Payments are requested in a Secure Server Layer URL provided by BBVA Bank or PayPal, according to your preferred option.
- Malaga Trips will never have access to your credit card digits: we'll be only notified if the payment is accepted or not.