Caminito del Rey Multilingual & Lunch
4.7 (16 reviews)
Caminito del Rey Guided Tour from Malaga with traditional lunch at Venta San Antonio included!
When: Every Tuesday
Duration: 9 hours
Meeting Point: El Corte Ingles Round (Caixa Bank bus stop)
Free cancellation until 2 days before starting time.
Mobile voucher accepted: If needed, just show the confirmation email on your phone.
"Amazing tour with really friendly guides. I was terrified of the suspension bridge but they helped me across!"
|29 Mar||30 Mar||31 Mar||1||2||3||4|
|26||27||28||29||30||1 May||2 May|
- Qualified multilingual guide.
- Transport from Fuengirola, Benalmádena, Torremolinos and Malaga city.
- Caminito del Rey Ticket and guided tour.
- Visit to the "Antigua Venta San Antonio" Restaurant.
- Motorway tolls (where applicable)
- Traditional lunch with drinks at Venta San Antonio.
- Civil Liability Insurance.
What's NOT included?
Ready for the trip to Caminito del Rey, or “King's Little Pathway”? Set in a beautiful Natural Site, this pathway is located on the sides of the Gaitanes Gorge, in the province of Malaga. The walkway stretches over more than 3 km and is attached to the almost vertical rock face inside a canyon, up to 105 metres high above the river at some points.
The overall distance covered is 7.7 km, with an estimated time of 2 ½ hours required to complete the route.
After enjoying this spectacular walk and the incredible views and landscapes it offers, we will move on to the “Antigua Venta San Antonio” a historical stagecoach inn dating back to the 17th century, which has been fully restored to its former glory and kept every bit of its splendid charm. Miguel de Cervantes, the author of Don Quixote, is said to have stayed here.
We will visit this historical building, with its stables, carriages and water trough for the animals, among other interesting items on display, after which we will stop for a traditional lunch in the typical and unrivalled restaurant.
If you would like to join this group excursion with other Spanish and International people, this is a unique experience in Malaga!
A little bit more...
- Multilingual tour: English, Spanish, German, French and Italian if it is necessary.
- Group Size: Up to 55 people.
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from vertigo or who are not in suitable physical condition.
- This tour includes walking 7 km (3 hours, including stops) in a one entry / one exit path. It is not physically demanding, however, you must be fit enough to complete the route.
- Estimated time of return from the Antigua Venta San Antonio: 4:00 p.m.
- It can be closed because of the weather (rain, strong wind). In this case, we will inform you the day before and you will receive full refund.
- Bring lots of water or energy drinks, chocolates, fruits, dried fruit and wear appropriate shoes and clothes for the season.
- Kids over 8 years of age are welcome, always accompanied by a responsible adult. Kids under 8 years old are not allowed to enter.
- For safety reasons, it is forbbiden:
- To come with shoes no appropiate to have a walk, specially flip-flops and helled shoes.
- To carry backpacks, bags or any other big object included sticks and crutches.
- To take photos or videos with a tripod or to use cameras and equipment that can block other visitors' way.
- To use umbrellas.
- You can check the complete rules list clicking here (132Kb pdf) (English at pages 3 and 4)
"Amazing tour with really friendly guides. I was terrified of the suspension bridge but they helped me across! "
"Visita muy interesante, nos gusto mucho, Gracias al guia por sus explicaciones, gran profesional."
"While the hike itself was beautiful, I would not recommend this tour. This is not a \"small group\" tour; we were a group of 55 people who spoke 5 different languages. This would have been fine had the group been well organized and sorted into the groups we would go on the hike with prior to arriving, but this wasn\'t the case. Additionally, the bus left my friend and I at our first stop (breakfast restaurant) before the hike because of a head miscount. Once we arrived at the park entrance, we stood there for at least 30 minutes while two guides argued about how to divide the group by language. They were argumentative and unprofessional. Additionally, this could have been done before our arrival as we self-reported our language skills in the registration process. Finally, when these arbitrary groups were determined, we waited again to collect helmets and radio guides and finally began the hike. After all the bickering about the groups, we didn\'t even spend any time with our group as we were wearing headphones connected to what was essentially a walkie talkie. Our guide spoke (we couldn\'t see her as there were so many people) and we listened. We quickly removed these headphones so we could actually enjoy the hike and feel as though we were in nature. For the remainder of the tour, we did our best to avoid the group as that experience felt like shuffling through a crowd in Times Square rather than enjoying a hike in nature. Breakfast and lunch (before and after the hike, respectively) were fine though, except when we were left at the first restaurant while using the toilets.
Answer from Malaga Trips: Thank you for sharing your opinion and experience. We are very sorry the tour didn't accomplish your expectations. It is mentioned on the description 'A little bit more' the group size (large group up to 55 people) and multilingual tour (English, Spanish, German, French and Italian if it is necessary). When the group is over than 25 people, there is an extra guide at Caminito del Rey path to divide the group into 2 groups with a smaller size. In this case, it seems there was a misunderstanding with that guide at Caminito del Rey and the company providing the service, Malaga con Mucho Gusto has noticed this complaint. About the incident regarding the toilet stop, Nastasha (the guide) informed the group start returning back to the bus, where she counted the passengers (once they were sitting). As soon as she realized there were 2 people missing, she returned immediately to the restaurant to pick you up and continue the tour to Caminito del Rey. The helmets and radio guides are provided by Caminito del Rey. Specifically, the headphones are provided to improve the audio from the guide due to the path is linear, and it is not possible to put the group together in a short distance to talk without the radio guides. Thank you for your kind words regarding the Breakfast and Lunch. "
"Caminiti del Rey was great! Our guide explained everything in three different languages, (Spanish, English and French) which was very much appreciated since we were an international group. We also had a nice lunch with people from different countries, such as Holland, France, Norway and Finland and enjoyed their company, drinking beer and some good red wine. A very nice day indeed.Thank you."
"Wonderfful tank you to Viviane "
Payments Information & Security:
- No credit card fees! We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal.
- Payments are requested in a Secure Server Layer URL provided by BBVA Bank or PayPal, according to your preferred option.
- Malaga Trips will never have access to your credit card digits: we'll be only notified if the payment is accepted or not.