Caminito del Rey Large Group Tour from Malaga
4.8 (46 reviews)
Experience this exciting cliff side walking with a guided tour from Malaga city!
From 47€ per adult.
Where & When
Meeting Point: Maria Zambrano Train Station (Heroe de Sostoa street bus stop) Open location with Google Maps.
When : Tuesday and Friday
Duration: 5 hrs.
Mobile voucher accepted: If needed, just show the confirmation email on your phone.
- Entrance ticket to Caminito del Rey.
- Transportation (motor coach).
- Pick up and drop off from Malaga Train Station.
- Expert and fun Tour Guide (English/Spanish speaking).
- Enjoy this excursion with a group guided tour to Caminito del Rey offered every Tuesday and Friday in English and Spanish from Malaga Train Station!
- The Caminito del Rey is a walkaway path in the heart of the Gaitanes Gorge, attached to the rock a hundred meters from the ground. During the path, you will discover the landscapes and dizzying sensations that climbers experience usually.
- It is called "King's Walkway" from 1953, in memory to the Alfonso XIII King's visit to the dam located at El Chorro in 1921.
- This full day trip is extraordinary and spectacular, with a estimated route of 3-4 hours.
- The total length of the route is 7.7 km, divided into 4.8 km long access ways and 2.9 km long boardwalks. As for the boardwalks, the most famous part of the trail, 2.9 km of their length between the entrance to them and the exit point, comprises 1.5 km long boardwalks, and 1.4 km long paths or forest walkways.
- Caminito del Rey was closed in 2000 and re-opened to the public on the 28th of March 2015 after the construction of the new path.
- This already makes it breathtaking and attractive, although the path is more than just a walk in the hills.
- The boardwalks and a hanging footbridge that stands at 105 metres height, as well as steep walls, make many visitors feel inevitably dizzy. The path is hazardous because of the heights and its very narrow parts.
- You must be aware of the strong impression this place might make on you. This is why this path is so attractive.
- Discover this marvellous and natural landscape and have the chance to walk the walkway suspended 100 metres high joining this guided tour to Caminito del Rey from Malaga city!
What's NOT included?
- Food or drinks.
A little bit more...
- Important Info: During the 24h after the booking confirmation, you will receive the entry ticket. The ticket needs to be printed and showed to the guide at the meeting point in Malaga Train Station.
- It is recommended to bring water or an energy drink, chocolate, fruit, nuts etc., and appropriate clothing and footwear depending on the season.
- Due to the quality of terrain (uphills, downhills, steps, boardwalks...), it is difficult to move, something you must be aware of although it is not necessary to be a sportsperson.
- It can be closed because of the weather (rain, strong wind).
- Kids over 8 years of age are welcome, always accompanied by a responsible adult. Kids under 8 years old are not allowed to enter.
- On a sunny day, don't forget comfortable clothes, sunglasses, sunscreen and water.
- For safety reasons, it is forbidden:
- To come with shoes no appropriated to have a walk, specially flip-flops and heeled shoes.
- To carry backpacks, bags or any other big object included sticks and crutches.
- To take photos or videos with a tripod or to use cameras and equipment that can block other visitors' way.
- To use umbrellas.
- You can check the complete rules list clicking here (132Kb pdf) (English at pages 3 and 4)
Travel Natura has set free cancellation until 7 day(s) before starting time.
"The tour was very well organized,after the booking we received emails with the details and regulations The day of the excursion we arrived early 10 minst at meeting point and a brand new confortable bus was there with a tour guide checking names it was easy process. Arrived to Caminito after about 50 mins drive and there we had time to go to bathrooms (recommended)before starting walk. They separated the group in spanish or english speakers and we received hard hats then started walk. All the time we had the guide with us and she explained the different important topics about Caminito. We went in July so it was very hot which help that at the end the company offered a cool drink just before goinv to the bus ride back. I recommend this tour but i will not repite it in the summer time."
"I was a little bit hesitating going with guided tour but I don’t regret it now! Group was very well organized, on time and friendly guides supported us all time. Free drink in the end was surprising and refreshing gift from them. Don’t hesitate as me and book the trip now! "
"Your guides do not know how to speak English!"
"Excursión imprescindible. Servicio de la empresa de sobresaliente, y guía excepcional, gracias a María, muy informada, amena y divertida. Altamente recomendable. Gracias! "
"++ Good guide. Tonio! - not enough time to look to interesting things. "
"We enjoyed Caminito del Rey very much. It was a highlight of our trip to Malaga. The guided tour was well organised and we thank Cosme for the guidance of english speaking visitors."
"Extremely knowledgeable native English speaking guide and well organised trip as a whole, I learned a lot about history of the place."
"Muy simpática, alegre y profesional la guía María. ¡Un encanto!"
"Een aanrader, goeie gids die met plezier haar ding doet. Met een gids is het veel interessanter dan zonder,buiten bouw geschiedenis enz.. vb ook over natuur en wildleven; Overgens een tiental wilde bokken kunnen gadeslaan van redelijk dichtbij. Het was een frisse dag en kregen op het einde nog een warm drankje aangeboden. "
"Well organized. Very friendly and Professional. "
"Wonderful way to see the Caminito with no stress, especially as the recent storm had changed shuttle bus access. Our English speaking guide Janet fromTravelnatura was fantastic with her commentary on the headsets. Even when we lagged behind taking photos we could still hear her important information as we moved along. Great communication from booking with Malaga Trips, highly recommend this experience. 5 Stars! "
"We cannot fault the excursion or the guide. All was excellent. The only problem was that we asked if we could be dropped off in a location to enable us to catch a train to Ronda - our next destination. The booking agent told us that we could not and that we couldn't even take our hand-luggage on the bus as it would be another bus bringing us back to Malaga. The bus returned immediately through El Chorro where we could've caught a train to Ronda, the next stop. Instead we had to leave our luggage in Malaga, return, collect it and catch two trains. We left El Caminito at 1430 and arrived in Ronda 2100 - six and a half hours later instead of one train stop! We did take the same bus both ways and the driver was surprised when I asked. Very poor advice from the agent.
Malaga Trips Note: The information provided by the agent, Malaga Trips, was informed in advance as indicated by the operator of the service, Travel Natura. It is in our best interest to offer you the best travel experience. However, in order to guarantee your access to Caminito del Rey where suitcases are not allowed, we can only provide verified information."
"De informatie via email was duidelijk. Ook de plek waar je moest vertrekken stond goed aangegeven. We stopten onderweg voor een sanitaire stop, dit was voor ons niet nodig geweest. Maar prima bedoeld. De tocht was mooi. De gids deed veel moeite, haar Engels was via de oortjes echter moeilijk te verstaan. We hebben gewoon genoten van de hele dag. "
"The trip was absolutely awesome. We had a lof fun, the Place is Amazing and the guide was excellent!! Totally worth the money. I reccomend It "
"The organisation of the tour was great! If you are in Malaga or surrounding I would definitely recommend taking this tour. It will take 6/7 hours but it is worth it. Amazing views and relatively easy to walk (unless you are scared of hights). Unfortunately the guide (English speaking guide) was not so easy to understand. But she did a great job and she was was really friendly. Take this tour you will not regret it! "
"Thanks for a good day out. Excellent bus service, timely departure and arrival. Great information during the tour thank you "
"Great experience. Recommended 5*"
"Stunning scenery, knowledgeable guide and punctual coach transfers to and from Malaga."
"Fantastic trip, Henriett, Hungary"
"Excellent tour with well informed, friendly and fun guides. Would highly recommend this trip if you're visiting Malaga - breathtaking scenery."
"Awesome experience and scenery is amazing, highly recommend. The tour guide was also great. "
"The tour guide Maria is awesome!"
"Rather expensive but a fabulous experience. Good bus, good schedule (no waiting and waiting) and a good guide."
"I did came in Malaga for Caminito del Try and worth it. In rest, Malaga doesn't offer nothing special."
" Excellent trip 💯💯"
"It was great!"
"The trip was great, the nature amazing. I was so impressed. But befor we start, we had a lot of waiting. Only 3 WCs and a very lot of people. Than wait to get the helmet and wait for the audioguide and so on. At last, there was no time to sit down for a little picknick and look over the landscape. But still I love the tour very much and may be I come back for another time"
"Good trip. Did not know if we would be stopping at Cafe or restaurant...maybe my own fault but it just would have helped to plan snacks etc. Otherwise very pleasant trip, and an amazing feat... especially when you hear that a family lived in the gorge and their children walked the path to school...and many more interesting details... "
"Fantastic trip, our guide Maria was wonderful and funny. I would highly recommend the trip!"
"The walking is not difficult but the experience is something else. We had a great guide with knowledge and a sense of humour. The booking arrangements couldn't have been simpler. Do it"
"It was great! "
"I had a great trip, maria is the world, super enthousiastic!"
"I am glad that I chose Malaga Trips. Although our initial trip was cancelled, because of the heavy rain, the tour operator did work hard to provide us updates and find other options. The tour itself was fantastic, worth every penny we paid for it. "
Payments Information & Security:
- No credit card fees! We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal.
- Payments are requested in a Secure Server Layer URL provided by BBVA Bank or PayPal, according to your prefered option.
- Malaga Trips will never have access to your credit card digits: we'll be only notified if the payment is accepted or not.