Chocolatiers 1 Hour Workshop at Mijas Pueblo
Rating: Not rated yet.
Visit a chocolate factory to make and enjoy your very own chocolate creations.
From 30€ per adult.
Where & When
Meeting Point: 15 Plaza Virgen de la Peña Mijas Pueblo Open location with Google Maps.
When : Monday to Sunday
Duration: 1 hour.
A minimum of 3 people is required to book this service.
An action-packed hour-long workshop in which you learn an array of chocolateering techniques whilst making the following items of chocolate:
- Decorative bars of chocolate x 3.
- Chocolate dipped fruits x 3.
- Chocolate truffles x 3.
- Marbled chocolate figurines x 3.
- Soft centre chocolate bonbons x 3.
A little bit more...
Mayan Monkey Mijas Policies
Mayan Monkey Mijas is an active chocolate factory where production activities take place alongside your own class. Your workshop facilitator will brief you on the follow safety rules in order to ensure both your own safety as well as that of other factory users. It is of the utmost importance that you follow these at all times during the factory:
- Children under 10 must be accompanied by a paying adult, aged 18+ (one paying adult for every group of six children under the age of ten).
- A protective hat will be provided and must be worn at all times inside the factory.
- You will be provided with desinfectant hand gel for the purpose of sanitizing your hands at the start of the workshop, and are also additionally welcome to use the bathroom.
- Please remain at your workshop table here at all times, unless otherwise instructed.
- No running: please move carefully & watch where you are going, at all times.
- No shouting: out of respect for other factory users, please keep conversation to a polite level.
- No leaning on tables or machinery for your own safety and that of other factory users.
- Do not put your hand in the ingredient jars for hygiene reasons.
- Inform your workshop facilitator if you have a food allergy or intolerance.
Factory admission implies acceptance of and adherence to their Safety Rules. Failure to follow the Safety Rules will result in non-refundable removal from the factory.
- One paying adult (aged 18+) must accompany every group of six (or less) children under the age of ten.
- It is the responsibility of the adult guardian to ensure the children´s (1) good behaviour, (2) adherence to the Safety Rules, and (3) that the workshop facilitator's instructions are followed at all times.
- Booked workshops will start punctually.
- Arrive at least 5 minutes early in order to ensure you are ready to enter the chocolate factory at your workshop´s scheduled start time.
- Late arrival will result in a non-refundable loss of the corresponding portion of workshop.
- Admission will be granted to holders of a valid workshop ticket only.
- Exceptions to paid entry:
- Children under the age of 3. As "mummy and daddy´s little helper", they help out, but do not make their own chocolate.
- Carers for mobility/learning-impaired workshop participants: do not make their own chocolate, but rather are there to assist the ticket-holder.
About Food Allergies
- Eight allergens classified under E.U. law are handeled at Mayan Monkey Mijas chocolate factory: EGGS, GLUTEN, SOY, LACTOSE, PEANUTS, TREE NUTS, SULPHITES, SESAME.
- A food-safety management system is operated that incorporates separation of allergens a/o allergen-containing foods from allergen-free foods during storage, production as well as cleaning.
- Due to the fact that our factory space is tiny, along with the subsequent fact that there does exist a minimal RISK OF TRACES both in the environment as well as the ingredients/products themselves, it is preferred to err on the side of caution and, therefore, declare potential traces of all eight allergens in ALL of the products as well as the entire production, workshop, retail & café space.
- That said, many of the products contain no allergens at all, and only a select number of them actually contain nuts.
- All Workshop Ingredient Jars are labelled in English and Spanish, and clearly show what allergens (if any) are present in a specific ingredient.
- At the start of every workshop, the workshop facilitator will establish whether there are food allergy/intolerance sufferers present, and will take the measures that are necessary to ensure the safety and comfort of participants during the workshop.
- In case of cancellation more than 7 days before tha activity, there is a fee of 24 euros for administration costs..
- If you cancel the activity during the 7 to 2 days before the starting time of the activity, 20% of your total amount will be charged.
- If you cancel the activity during the 2 to 1 days before the starting time of the activity, 50% of your total amount will be charged.
- There is no refund if you cancel the activity during the last 24 hours before the starting time of the trip or there is "no show".