Caminito del Rey English-only Small Group
4.9 (171 reviews)
Enjoy this exciting cliff side walking! Experienced guide and quality knowledge of the landscape and history!
When: Every Wednesday and Thursday
Duration: 7 hours
Meeting Point: Malaga: Plaza de la Marina. Open Google Maps.
Free cancellation until 7 days before starting time.
Mobile voucher accepted: If needed, just show the confirmation email on your phone.
"This tour was the highlight of my visit to Malaga. The Caminito is spectacular and our tour guide José was fantastic. Definitely worth paying a bit more for a..."
|28||29||30||1 Oct||2 Oct||3 Oct||4 Oct|
- Entrance Ticket to Caminito del Rey.
- Transportation. Pick up and drop off from Malaga.
- Expert and fun Tour Guide.
What's NOT included?
- Food or drinks.
- If you would like a personalized tour with quality information from an expert guide, we offer you this Caminito del Rey Guided Tour & Small Group, only English speaking, with transportation included from Malaga city centre.
- The Gaitanes Gorge contains the unique "King's Walkway", located in El Chorro Natural Park which provides the perfect setting for a exciting walkable experience with unbelievable landscapes, encompassing a rocky plateau 1200 m above sea level.
- The estimated time needed to go across the whole route is 3-4 hours.
- The total length of the route is 7.7 km, divided into 4.8 km long access ways and 2.9 km the way called as the real King's Walkway. The most famous part of the trail, is the 2.9 km King's Walkway, from the entrance control to the exit control point, which comprises 1.5 km long boardwalks (located at the gorges), and 1.4 km long paths or forest walkways between the two gorges. Usually the group takes a tunnel at the entrance, saving 1 km walking through the forest, so the total lengh of this excursion is 6.7 km.
- Caminito del Rey was re-opened to the public on the 28th of March 2015 and it is part of a spectacular natural beauty spot in Malaga countryside.
- The boardwalks and a hanging footbridge that stands at 105 meters height, as well as steep walls, make many visitors feel inevitably dizzy, but in general, people get used quickly and enjoy the feeling from the beginning.
- There is no risk at all, but you must be aware of the strong impression this place might make on you. The path is breathtaking because of the heights and its very narrow parts. This is why it is so attractive.
- Discover this natural treasure with lots of histories told by the expert guide and have the chance to walk the walkway suspended 100 metres high!
A little bit more...
- This trip is not recommended for people suffering from vertigo or who are not in suitable physical condition.
- You must be fit enough to complete the 7,7 km one entry / one exit route (3 hours, including stops) path. It is not physically demanding.
- It can be closed because of the weather (rain, strong wind). In this case, we will inform you the day before and you will receive full refund.
- Bring lots of water or energy drinks, chocolates, fruits, dried fruit and wear appropriate shoes and clothes for the season.
- Kids over 8 years of age are welcome, always accompanied by a responsible adult. Kids under 8 years old are not allowed to enter.
- For safety reasons, it is forbbiden:
- To come with shoes no appropiate to have a walk, specially flip-flops and helled shoes.
- To carry backpacks, bags or any other big object included sticks and crutches.
- To take photos or videos with a tripod or to use cameras and equipment that can block other visitors' way.
- To use umbrellas.
- Check the complete rules list clicking here (132Kb pdf) (English at pages 3 and 4)
"This tour was the highlight of my visit to Malaga. The Caminito is spectacular and our tour guide José was fantastic. Definitely worth paying a bit more for a small group. It make the visit all that more special. "
"Jose was an exceptional guide. Knowledgeable about many aspects of the area including history, geology and film. Nice fella. We enjoyed it. Thank you. "
"What a brilliant trip. Our guide, Jose, was so knowledgeable about so many \"ologies\" plus history etc he made the trip fly by & the Caminito day of fun."
"Couldn\'t be better! Böse is exzellent, the Tour is not too strenous and the canyons are unbelieveable! No doubt the tour is worth every cent! Do it!!"
"Our guide, Jose was very knowledgeable and made the walk more interesting by sharing many fun facts along the way. The entire process from ticket purchase to return at the end of the hike was effortless. I would highly recommend this company for those who would prefer not to do the hike solo. "
Payments Information & Security:
- No credit card fees! We accept MasterCard, VISA, American Express and PayPal.
- Payments are requested in a Secure Server Layer URL provided by BBVA Bank or PayPal, according to your preferred option.
- Malaga Trips will never have access to your credit card digits: we'll be only notified if the payment is accepted or not.