Paella Cooking Class & Market Visit
Rating: Not rated yet.
A complete culinary experience from shopping at the market to preparing the delicious and iconic Spanish dish.
|27 Jan||28 Jan||29 Jan||30 Jan||31 Jan||1||2|
From 75€ per adult.
Where & When
Meeting Point: Calle Marques de Larios 18 Open location with Google Maps.
When : Every day at 10:30 AM hours.
Duration: 3,5 hours
Mobile voucher accepted: If needed, just show the confirmation email on your phone.
- Olive oil tasting
- Aloreña olives or roasted almonds snack
- Wine or beer, paired with the menu
- Selection of seasonal fruits
- All the recipes
You will start at 11 am with a visit to the vibrant Atarazanas Market, selecting the most surprising seasonal products of our region for the cooking workshop.
Our large and modern kitchen is a 5 minutes' walk away from the market, in the SOHO Art District.
Upon arrival, you will taste different local, monovarietal extra virgin olive oils and entrees like roasted almonds, Aloreña olives.
We also prepare a refreshing and traditional gazpacho.
Then we roll up our sleeves and you'll learn with us how to cook authentic paella in a participatory way. Which rice to use? What is "sofrito" and how do you make it? What types of paellas exist and which are the most popular ingredients? To top everything off, we selected an excellent wine of the region, made of local grape varieties.
Throughout the activity you will be guided by a food-sherpa of our team, an expert in our culture and local gastronomy. Our Food Sherpas speak English and Spanish.
If you enjoy cooking, trying new things, learning and having a good time, this is your opportunity!
What's NOT included?
- Additional dishes or drinks different than included above. If you really like our selected wine or beer, you can buy your extra drinks.
- Toque (chef's hat), but you are allowed to bring your own.
A little bit more...
- Kids are welcome! Let them learn how to have fun and behave in the kitchen. Who knows? One day, they might surprise you with a nice meal.
- On group classes, people with food allergies have an extra fee of 8€ per person.
Spain Food Sherpas has set free cancellation until 3 day(s) before starting time.